Thursday, August 21, 2014

What Not to Do When it Storms

First and foremost, let me say I don’t like loud noises - never have! As a puppy, I developed an early aversion to fireworks. I don’t even like it when my Puppy Mama loudly cheers her favorite football team to victory. I don’t mind the television broadcast. but clapping, yelling and jumping in place when something called a touchdown occurs is an assault on my floppy ears! I give her "the look". The same look Snoopy gives the Red Baron in the middle of a Dog-fight.



When it storms, I have the same reaction, but more intense. I have learned through experience and my Puppy Mama’s extended lectures that there are certain things no dog should do during thunderstorms. First of all, don’t get up in a chair full of books and knock them on the floor one by one. Don’t get under the bed and tunnel your way through boxes full of Christmas decoration at 2:00 o’clock in the morning. Absolutely do not try to dig your way through your owner’s oriental carpet. And last but not least, do not jump in the bathtub at 5:30 A.M. 


Yes, I did all of the above things. My Puppy Mama decided there was only one solution - to wrap me in a blanket and hold me.


And, you would be right to say I’m crazy - crazy like a fox, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment